Render Problem with xpTrail, xpBracnh and sub-branch

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
chakuew0

Render Problem with xpTrail, xpBracnh and sub-branch

Post by chakuew0 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:01 pm

C4D 18, XP 4.0 with newest cycle 4D
I'm trying to build ice spreading with xpTrail, xpBranch, and sub-Branches. All following a surface. In the Cycle4d Real-Time preview (RTP) it looks quite promising. But no way to have it rendered in the picture viewer (PV)! Just Empty! Material and cyCurve Tag on the xpTrail. xpEmitter as Shot 1F.

Emitter changed from Shot, to Rate. RTP still where I’d like to go, render in the view fine also, but in PV it's nothing similar.

Any Idea what could be wrong? Attached my very simple scene

Thank you
erwin
Attachments
Freeze-Cycle4D-issue.c4d
(197.97 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Cycle4d-Issue.jpg
Cycle4d-Issue.jpg (808.46 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Martin

Re: Render Problem with xpTrail, xpBracnh and sub-branch

Post by Martin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Cache simulation.

chakuew0

Post by chakuew0 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Martin

I did as you said...and it worked. I was aware of cache usage for working on animation but not that it helps during rendering.
Can you explain a bit more? Why does this simple animation need cache to be rendered and other not? Do you always use cache or are there some rules?

Thank you
erwin

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:12 pm

This happens a lot with any dynamic system. When you render to the PV, Cinema first clones the entire document and then renders that. But in many cases when you render a frame, the result depends on changes made in previous frames. With a cloned document that is no longer available and the rendered result is not what you expect. When you render to the viewport, or in the real time preview, the document is not cloned so it works as expected.

To get round this, you can either render all the frames up to and including the one you want, or cache the simulation first.

There's no hard and fast rule for this. If you render a frame to the PV and it works as expected, that's fine. If it doesn't, you'll need to cache it or render a frame sequence from the start.

Steve

chakuew0

Post by chakuew0 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Steve
Many thanks for the explanation. I was not aware of the happenings behind de scene,
Again a day where I learned something :-)
Erwin