Hi there,

im currently running into constant crashes of the live preview and renderer

cycles4d crashes
"Cuda error: Out of memory in CuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, size), line 567"

currently on
1 x Geforce 1080Ti 11GB
1 x Geforce 1080 8GB

running latest drivers and all updates
Win 10/c4d 19/ Nvidia 390.65 (tested downgrade 388.0)
not running into any problems rendering the same scene in Octane/Redshift on the GPU.

Ariusfx

Re: CUDA . out of Memory

Post by Ariusfx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Could you possibly post the scene? Would be easier to find the problem.
~Creative Intent

Pixonoid

Post by Pixonoid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 am

Found the issue,

the Gigabyte Aorus Manager (to control the fans on the gpu and rates) got fucked over time somehow,
after a clean removal cycles4d is accepting the scenes without any further issues

rojharris

Post by rojharris » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hi There,

Could you let me know the steps you took to sort this (I'm new to PC's so assume I know nothing).

I'm having constant CUDA memory errors all the time since the last Cycles update and I too have a Gigabyte Aorus (X399 Gaming 7)

Many thanks

ButterGroove

Post by ButterGroove » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 am

I'm getting out of memory issues while using Displacement Maps. Very simple scene, DMaps are set to 2K resolution only.

I've got 2 GTX 1080s 8GB internally and an external GTX 980Ti 6GB. So there shouldn't be any memory issues. I do have the ASUS GPU Tweaker app running which lets you control all aspects of the cards (fans, clocking speed, etc.)

If I switch to CPU rendering it doesn't throw any errors, just really slow. And navigating within the main C4D window is crazy slow while I have the RTP window running. With DMaps, it really slows things down quite a bit. I don't understand why this should be an issue since I have 3 cards and the DMap resolution is only 2K. I've also got an HDRI background which is only set to 1K.

Windows 10 with latest Nvidia driver updates as well.

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm

ButterGroove wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 am
I'm getting out of memory issues while using Displacement Maps. Very simple scene, DMaps are set to 2K resolution only.

I've got 2 GTX 1080s 8GB internally and an external GTX 980Ti 6GB. So there shouldn't be any memory issues. I do have the ASUS GPU Tweaker app running which lets you control all aspects of the cards (fans, clocking speed, etc.)

If I switch to CPU rendering it doesn't throw any errors, just really slow. And navigating within the main C4D window is crazy slow while I have the RTP window running. With DMaps, it really slows things down quite a bit. I don't understand why this should be an issue since I have 3 cards and the DMap resolution is only 2K. I've also got an HDRI background which is only set to 1K.

do you use micropoly?

ButterGroove

Post by ButterGroove » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Mohamed Sakr wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm
ButterGroove wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 am

do you use micropoly?
Yes as I experiment more with displacement I think that seems to be the issue. I'm going to bring this up in another forum post with more details and I will share my scene file.