Cycles on Amazon Instances

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
holgar

Cycles on Amazon Instances

Post by holgar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:17 am

Hello everybody. I am running my Renderfarm on Amazon EC2 Instances. C4D Teamrender and Vray run without problems. But When I install Cycles it wont showup in the Plugins Menu. It seems to not load on Startup.
On Amazon I run Windows Server 2016 Base. Thats the only Windows Operating System you can choose from. Now I wonder if Cycles is just not Compatible with that System.
Any Ideas/Experiences?

How do you plan to use Cycles with Renderfarms? Do you use Commercial Renderservices with Cycles already?
I just prefer to setup everything myself on Amazon which is also much much cheaper than any RenderfarmService.

greetings, Holger

Mario Tran Phuc

Re: Cycles on Amazon Instances

Post by Mario Tran Phuc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi Holgar,

thanks for reaching out. We haven´t got any experience with the Amazon Cloud rendering yet. I´m not sure if our licensing would allow such a model.

We have a running thread on renderfarms that run Cycles 4D: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=281

Cheers,

Mario

1mproviser

Post by 1mproviser » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 pm

I have seen Blender Cycles working on Amazon. Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOyamxp ... e=youtu.be
It would be nice if Cycles 4D implement the code that they have already wrote https://developer.blender.org/D2808 .

holgar

Post by holgar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm

I am just trying to get Cycles to run on a Amazon Machiene. But Cycles wont show up in the plugin menu. I am not even talking about rendering over a server.
This weekend I managed to get a normal Windows 10 running on Amazon. So I have a normal machiene with Win 10 and C4D R19. All other Plugins (like Vray) work. Only Cycles does not showup in the Pluginmenu of the normal C4D Interface.
So now I wonder why that is?! It seems like the Plugin does not even register on C4D startup.
What could be the causes for that? My Amazon Machiene has normal Internet Accees. Als I checked the C4D Console. The console is blank. No Error.
Cycles is just not there. Any Ideas?!

Canuc

Post by Canuc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:52 pm

I,

Did you check the 'console' of C4D for any error messages regarding cycles plugin that could help them ?