Background-Alpha when using Post Effects?

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
eCronik

Background-Alpha when using Post Effects?

Post by eCronik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey there,

I am having issues with getting the background-alpha-channel through, when using Post Effects (in this case, Bloom and Glare). I have tried activating Multi-Pass w/ Post Effects, changed the Alpha settings to every combination possible, also used all the passes via Render Elements. But Bloom & Glare don't come through somehow. Transparent film is activated, also I am using the Experimental renderer, as I need Displacement.

How can I do this? It works fine, if I don't use them. Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks a bunch and best regards,
eC

Mohamed Sakr

Re: Background-Alpha when using Post Effects?

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm

eCronik wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm
Hey there,

I am having issues with getting the background-alpha-channel through, when using Post Effects (in this case, Bloom and Glare). I have tried activating Multi-Pass w/ Post Effects, changed the Alpha settings to every combination possible, also used all the passes via Render Elements. But Bloom & Glare don't come through somehow. Transparent film is activated, also I am using the Experimental renderer, as I need Displacement.

How can I do this? It works fine, if I don't use them. Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks a bunch and best regards,
eC
bloom and glare are post effects (outside the render kernel) and they override the alpha.

eCronik

Post by eCronik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for your reply! Bummer, but at least I can stop trial & erroring this now. :)

Is there a possibility to get an emission pass with alpha? Can't seem to accomplish this either.

Thanks,
eC

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm

eCronik wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Thanks for your reply! Bummer, but at least I can stop trial & erroring this now. :)

Is there a possibility to get an emission pass with alpha? Can't seem to accomplish this either.

Thanks,
eC
show me an example, I can't understand exactly what you are after.

eCronik

Post by eCronik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm

The image attached is everything combined with alpha - I would like to get the emission (and maybe reflections) as a seperate pass with alpha, to go for the Glare/Bloom in Post. Is that possible somehow or do I have to use blending modes after?