Node Editor selection issue

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
rhynoGFX

Node Editor selection issue

Post by rhynoGFX » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Running into an issue where the Node editor will all of a sudden stop responding in a scene. If I try to select, change or move a node, my cursor turns into a hand and will only allow me to navigate the whole area. I can no longer selct, change, move individual nodes or access the node list on the left side. This is basically locking down my scene to where I can no longer use it.

The only fix I've found so far has been to drop the scene into a fresh project file. That works temporarily but eventually will start doing this again. I've tried uninstalling Cycles, restarting C4D and restarting the whole computer. My last option is to reinstall C4D completely. I have filed a bug report but wanted to see if any others are having this issue or if there's a stupid fix for it I'm missing.

Martin

Re: Node Editor selection issue

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 am

I can confirm that's quite unusual behaviour. Copying to the new scene node editor works as expected.
We will take a look at it and if there is a quick fix I will inform you. Thanks for your bug report.

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:23 am

rhynoGFX wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 pm
Running into an issue where the Node editor will all of a sudden stop responding in a scene. If I try to select, change or move a node, my cursor turns into a hand and will only allow me to navigate the whole area. I can no longer selct, change, move individual nodes or access the node list on the left side. This is basically locking down my scene to where I can no longer use it.

The only fix I've found so far has been to drop the scene into a fresh project file. That works temporarily but eventually will start doing this again. I've tried uninstalling Cycles, restarting C4D and restarting the whole computer. My last option is to reinstall C4D completely. I have filed a bug report but wanted to see if any others are having this issue or if there's a stupid fix for it I'm missing.
are you sure there is no stuck keys? (1 + LMB = hand move)

Martin

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 pm

I've tested the scene already and left the comment, Mohamed ;)