Substance Asset replacement

Things you'd like to see in future versions of Cycles 4D.
MarcusD

Substance Asset replacement

Post by MarcusD » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am

Hi,

Currently I have a nice material setup for loading a Substance asset with Cycles4D.

When I replace the asset with another substance asset the selected channels switch back to the first value. This is very time consuming cause I have to dive in to all 9 nodes to select the channel.

For example. If I replace the substance asset. The node in the node editor with the normal channel selected will swith back to basecolor. So I need to click on the node, then in attributes on Substance shader and then select the normal channel again. Imagine doing this for 9 nodes everytime :D

Hope this can be fixed with an update.

Cheers,
Marcus

Mohamed Sakr

Re: Substance Asset replacement

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am

MarcusD wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am
Hi,

Currently I have a nice material setup for loading a Substance asset with Cycles4D.

When I replace the asset with another substance asset the selected channels switch back to the first value. This is very time consuming cause I have to dive in to all 9 nodes to select the channel.

For example. If I replace the substance asset. The node in the node editor with the normal channel selected will swith back to basecolor. So I need to click on the node, then in attributes on Substance shader and then select the normal channel again. Imagine doing this for 9 nodes everytime :D

Hope this can be fixed with an update.

Cheers,
Marcus
I couldn't understand, please post some images with the problem

Ariusfx

Post by Ariusfx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 am

I think what he is trying to say, that when every time we have to change the material it is very time inefficient, so perhaps have a custom node that allowed easy replacement of the textures.
~Creative Intent

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 am

Ariusfx wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 am
I think what he is trying to say, that when every time we have to change the material it is very time inefficient, so perhaps have a custom node that allowed easy replacement of the textures.
I understand this part, but I'm sure there is a way to set it up without manual replacements :)

MarcusD

Post by MarcusD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Hey guys,

I'll post a quick scene with some screenshots later. A bit busy at the moment :)

Cheers,
Marcus