REAL-TIME PREVIEW AND PRODUCTION RENDER NOT MATCHING

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
KRS

REAL-TIME PREVIEW AND PRODUCTION RENDER NOT MATCHING

Post by KRS » Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 pm

So I have tried all I can but I can't advance at this point. It seems as if Cycles4d can't match the Real-Time Preview and the Production Render for the following scene:

X-particles with color gradient based on age and xpOVDBMesher with Point Color Transfer switched on. Both rendered on the GPU.

It looks as expected in preview and totally different and faulty in Production Render on the Picture Viewer.

What is the problem here?
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-30 00.31.50.jpg
Screenshot 2018-05-30 00.31.50.jpg (912.29 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Mohamed Sakr

Re: REAL-TIME PREVIEW AND PRODUCTION RENDER NOT MATCHING

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:45 am

you must render to a 32 bit image in the save settings.
also, without the scene I can't tell what may be wrong.

KRS

Post by KRS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks, but I used 32 bit in the save settings already on these ones. I am currently following the latest tutorial on your youtubechannel - https://youtu.be/WGUggSQaBFs (a good one by the way!) and I guess the problem with my scene was that I didn't cache it yet.
So caching has always to be done when rendering particle based scenes in cylces4d ? that would also explain the different sims in Real-Time Preview and Production Render.

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:19 pm

KRS wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm
Thanks, but I used 32 bit in the save settings already on these ones. I am currently following the latest tutorial on your youtubechannel - https://youtu.be/WGUggSQaBFs (a good one by the way!) and I guess the problem with my scene was that I didn't cache it yet.
So caching has always to be done when rendering particle based scenes in cylces4d ? that would also explain the different sims in Real-Time Preview and Production Render.
yes, any data that depends on time (simulation, sequence data, etc..) must be cached.

B-Wort

Post by B-Wort » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello, on this subject, how can we restart the Cycle 4D Real-Time Preview when the one if crashes and does not display the same rendering as the classic rendering ?

Thanks
Attachments
cycle.jpg
cycle.jpg (766.18 KiB) Viewed 637 times

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 pm

B-Wort wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Hello, on this subject, how can we restart the Cycle 4D Real-Time Preview when the one if crashes and does not display the same rendering as the classic rendering ?

Thanks
you are previewing a node socket output (the blue Fac output on wireframe node).
to disable that preview, click that socket again.