Forum seems dead

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
vanderleden

Forum seems dead

Post by vanderleden » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm

can't help but notice very little to no activity here
have to say I paid for Cycles 4D not only to have it but also to get minimal support here at least on the forum
well...
guess I have to call that wish off and look elsewhere then

bye for now
been a pleasure

woodstar

Re: Forum seems dead

Post by woodstar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 am

Completely agree.

pixeltrain

Post by pixeltrain » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am

Hi Guys,

it seems, that most of the discussions about Cycles4D are now in the Discord of INSYDIUM. Would be good to join there.

http://discord.gg/6FDFkcU

Best regards,

Helge

King of Snake

Post by King of Snake » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:41 am

It's a shame. Have to create yet another account in Discord which seems to be just a continuous stream of chatter with no seperation of topics like on a forum. The website links to the forum, not to Discord. Also the forum is referred to as providing support, and the Discord explicitly is not.
Also kind of a shame that there is no official communication on this forum at all regarding the R20 release. (had to go to discord to see it's not supported yet). I mean, they knew that R20 was coming, how hard is it to make a sticky topic with some info ("hey R20 release is coming, we are working on updating the plugin but it's not ready yet, we will inform you when it is). Isn't that what the "announcements" subforum is for? Or even send a simple email to your customers. Now we need to go search for basic info like this ourselves. There not even any mention of R20 on the website. Ok I'm sure everyone at Insydium is working hard on the plugins, but communication is important too.

King of Snake

Post by King of Snake » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Well there is now a clear message on the website about R20 so that's good :D

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:37 pm

King of Snake wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:41 am
It's a shame. Have to create yet another account in Discord which seems to be just a continuous stream of chatter with no seperation of topics like on a forum.
I fully agree with the above. Recently, Facebook and Discord seem to enjoy popularity as platforms, however the discussions are way less organized compared to a forum and it is a rapidly disappearing stream of chatter. Why are these places popular? Maybe because images and short movies are easy to post? Or because you often get feedback in form of likes and rewards?

DGinz

Post by DGinz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:09 am

vanderleden wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm
can't help but notice very little to no activity here
have to say I paid for Cycles 4D not only to have it but also to get minimal support here at least on the forum
well...
guess I have to call that wish off and look elsewhere then

bye for now
been a pleasure
I second that.

jwiede

Post by jwiede » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm

I agree as well. Messages are not retained/searchable in useful manners, the organization is highly lacking, etc. If you want to use Discord as well, that's fine, but Discord is not an acceptable replacement for the support forum, IMO.
John W. | C4D Studio R19.053 | Cy4D 1.0.0247 | OSX 10.13.5 | MacPro5,1 (12C/24T)+32GB+NV980ti(6GB)

Ball

Post by Ball » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm

pixeltrain wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am
Hi Guys,

it seems, that most of the discussions about Cycles4D are now in the Discord of INSYDIUM. Would be good to join there.

http://discord.gg/6FDFkcU

Best regards,

Helge
Thanks for the link.