Missing background Tag for implementing footages in C4d

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
wpsoul

Missing background Tag for implementing footages in C4d

Post by wpsoul » Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am

I like plugin a lot, very easy to use after i watched some tutorials and webinars. But I missed one important thing for me and can't find answer in help docs.

Mostly i use Cycle 4d with Xparticles. I need to implement them inside video footage. Usually i use Cinema 4d background object and add material with footage on it and enable animation for background. Then, i create object, for example, plane, add the same material, add compositing tag which has option "Compositing" background. Problem is that i can't find the same in Cycle4d

1. There is no possibility to have animated video background as material. When i choose Image texture and activate animation, it doesn't work in Cycle4d as animated, only as static frame from video

2. There is no Background Object in C4d. Environment object is cool, but doesn't work as Background object

3. There is no "Compositing" background" in Compositing tag of Cycle 4d

I hope you will add this, because without such options, it's impossible to use Cycle 4d in VFX. Currently i make camera tracking in After effect, then export to c4d, then, make animation with Cycle4d and render, then export in AFter effect. Too much work and it also doesn't allow me to interact particles with part of video footage as I do in default renders in C4d

Mohamed Sakr

Re: Missing background Tag for implementing footages in C4d

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Sat May 05, 2018 7:16 am

wpsoul wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am
I like plugin a lot, very easy to use after i watched some tutorials and webinars. But I missed one important thing for me and can't find answer in help docs.

Mostly i use Cycle 4d with Xparticles. I need to implement them inside video footage. Usually i use Cinema 4d background object and add material with footage on it and enable animation for background. Then, i create object, for example, plane, add the same material, add compositing tag which has option "Compositing" background. Problem is that i can't find the same in Cycle4d

1. There is no possibility to have animated video background as material. When i choose Image texture and activate animation, it doesn't work in Cycle4d as animated, only as static frame from video

2. There is no Background Object in C4d. Environment object is cool, but doesn't work as Background object

3. There is no "Compositing" background" in Compositing tag of Cycle 4d

I hope you will add this, because without such options, it's impossible to use Cycle 4d in VFX. Currently i make camera tracking in After effect, then export to c4d, then, make animation with Cycle4d and render, then export in AFter effect. Too much work and it also doesn't allow me to interact particles with part of video footage as I do in default renders in C4d
1- in the image texture, turn off load from disk, this should allow it to use the cached image by Cinema4D, you should specify the correct width and height

2- ?? it works as Background object, explain what you want to do?

3- any object that you want to composite, add cyObject tag, check shadow catcher.