technical support questions

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
KRS

technical support questions

Post by KRS » Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm

so these are some questions to the technical support, as I'm running a demo version of cycles4d I guess this is the right place. First of all you created a nice product! I am interested in using cylces4D as the main renderer. as I have experience with arnold I would like to get some answers to the following aspects of cycles4D:

- is distributed rendering of a single frame on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is cycles4d as memory efficient as arnold and capable of handling the same file sizes?
- is bidirectional pathtracing on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is simultaneous rendering of cpu and gpu on the same machine on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is there a connection to HDR Light Studio?

- is distributed simulation in x-particles on the roadmap for the near future?

thanks

Mohamed Sakr

Re: technical support questions

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

KRS wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm
so these are some questions to the technical support, as I'm running a demo version of cycles4d I guess this is the right place. First of all you created a nice product! I am interested in using cylces4D as the main renderer. as I have experience with arnold I would like to get some answers to the following aspects of cycles4D:

- is distributed rendering of a single frame on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is cycles4d as memory efficient as arnold and capable of handling the same file sizes?
- is bidirectional pathtracing on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is simultaneous rendering of cpu and gpu on the same machine on the roadmap for cycles4d for the near future?
- is there a connection to HDR Light Studio?

- is distributed simulation in x-particles on the roadmap for the near future?

thanks
1- yes, but I don't know when (some one was working on this from Blender devs)
2- no idea
3- no idea
4- already in the new core, + GPU memory is not limited anymore (out of core)

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri May 11, 2018 1:16 pm

KRS

Post by KRS » Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Thank you! When was the new core released. I downloaded the demo about a month ago and I don't have the feature of rendering on gpu and cpu at the same time.

KRS

Post by KRS » Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Ok. I found the GPU+CPU feature.

- It is only supposed to work with Open CL, and not in realtime preview, is that correct?
- When I try to launch it my C4D crashes. On a Mac Pro with Xeon processors and nvidia gtx 1080ti s. Are you making this a more stable feature in the future?
- Otherwise GPU rendering works fine - in CUDA. Is there a plan to allow rendering in CUDA and the CPU simultaneously as in THEA?

Mohamed Sakr

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 am

KRS wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 pm
Ok. I found the GPU+CPU feature.

- It is only supposed to work with Open CL, and not in realtime preview, is that correct?
- When I try to launch it my C4D crashes. On a Mac Pro with Xeon processors and nvidia gtx 1080ti s. Are you making this a more stable feature in the future?
- Otherwise GPU rendering works fine - in CUDA. Is there a plan to allow rendering in CUDA and the CPU simultaneously as in THEA?
1- it will be in the next core with CUDA + CPU
2- please report a bug