Use Mograph Effector Plain as input for Mix Shader

General discussion about Cycles 4D.
chakuew0

Use Mograph Effector Plain as input for Mix Shader

Post by chakuew0 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 pm

I have a cloner with two objects block and sphere. I use a Mograph Plain effector with linear falloff to transform the result from one object to the other.

Now I would like to modify also the material at the same time. As Idea, I thought using a Mix Shader, and connect the Fac input to the Falloff position of the effector. But no clue how :-(
But that would not work either because it would change all the object together

Any hint how to have a material transition animated

Mohamed Sakr

Re: Use Mograph Effector Plain as input for Mix Shader

Post by Mohamed Sakr » Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 pm

chakuew0 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 pm
I have a cloner with two objects block and sphere. I use a Mograph Plain effector with linear falloff to transform the result from one object to the other.

Now I would like to modify also the material at the same time. As Idea, I thought using a Mix Shader, and connect the Fac input to the Falloff position of the effector. But no clue how :-(
But that would not work either because it would change all the object together

Any hint how to have a material transition animated
you can use xpresso (or direct drag).
select your mograph plain effector and check the lock in the attribute manager so the UI doesn't change.
now select the material and select the mix shader node, drag the slider UI (click the name and drag), then put it on the effector field name that you want to be affected, it should link them using xpresso.
there is an xpresso tutorial here, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220&p=3270&hilit=xpresso#p3270
should be similar.

chakuew0

Re: Use Mograph Effector Plain as input for Mix Shader

Post by chakuew0 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi Mohamed

Thank you for the hint. I was not able to achieve what I want. It's also I think more complicated than that. I had seen a presentation from @zachdarren where he uses Octane Mix Material and I wanted to achieve the same with Cycles 4D.

Anyway, your hint got me to reduce my first project to just color. So in Standard rendering, it works fine. Now, I used the xpresso like in the tutorial .. but no way I get it to work. Would be great I you could have a look
Attachments
Exp2.c4d
my scene file
(434.5 KiB) Downloaded 14 times